I can’t believe how fast another year has come and gone. What can I say? Praise God for allowing me to live through another year. Praise him for my family, friends and for giving me good health and strength. Praise him for allowing me to see another year.
What will the New Year bring? I’m not big on making New Year’s resolutions. However, I am big on having dreams and setting goals in order to fulfill those dreams. Many times people give up on their dreams because they feel they have gotten too old or they may believe because of past disappointments their dreams aren’t possible. Don’t let past disappointments cause your dreams to fade. No dream is unattainable if you believe you can do it. God tells us in Psalm 92:12, “The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree because when the storms of life blow, you are going to come right back up stronger than before.” He also tells us in his word that he will give us the desires of our heart and that if we ask, we shall receive. However, that doesn’t mean it will come without work on our part. Here are a few tips to reach your goals in the New Year.
1. Look to God for wisdom and strength to fulfill your dreams
2. Write your goals down
3. Create a step by step action plan
4. BELIEVE and put your plan into action
5. Decide how you will reward yourself as you meet each goal
6. Check off each step as you begin to accomplish your goals
7. Reward yourself along the way as you meet each goal
8. Celebrate your successes with family and friends. However, I caution you to be selective with whom you share them with. Not everyone will share your same excitement and vision. Negative people can crush your spirit and cause you to give up on your dreams. Share with those who have a history of encouraging you and lifting you up.
9. Thank God when you have met your goal
10. Stay humble and enjoy the blessings of your success
Wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous New Year. Until next time, I hope you have been encouraged, empowered, enlightened and enriched.
Peace and blessings,